Friday, June 25, 2010

Sierpinski is pieced...what now??


Yes, this is the dreaded Sierpinski top all pieced together. I even put it in "X-Large" mode just so you could see the detail in the many batiks I cut.  I will also brag that all of this top was pieced from my stash.  I could show you my batik stash but it is just shameful how much I'm hoarding so I'll save it for another day.  My plan to finish this was to quilt it on my machine with some Tie Dye colored thread in a wavy pattern along the seam lines.  But now I'm not so sure.  That plan was hatched before the top was completed and I really didn't give a crap how it got done...but now I really like it and don't want to screw it up with totally icky quilting.  So I've posted on MQR, my old longarm site, to see what the experts think.  But please, if anyone out there (one of the three of you who read this blog) have any ideas, please feel free to post a comment.  I cannot freehand anything on the DSM--I can't even stipple on it.  It is just for my classroom, about 45" tall.  Anyhow, now that I've done nothing but this all day, I need to cook dinner or clean the kitchen or pet the dog, or something like that.  By the way, Rebecca did break down and clear a space for me to iron as I pieced.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I think the wavy lines would look fine...or even just stitch-in-the-ditch. The piecing and colors are fantastic, let them shine!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!