Saturday, September 11, 2010

Christmas Tree Skirt...

Well, this Christmas Quilt Along really gets me motivated to do some Christmas stuff that I've been putting off for years...I've followed Crazy Mom Quilts tutorial and I now have the top done....I used Ivory/Beige solid fabric instead of white.  And all vintage shirts.  I worked on it this week since I have a  busy day today--but here it is!
An up close view....
And here is a pic of Buddy relaxing with Alli....
On a funny note, I found a blog that I'm going to follow called "Crap I've Made".  I think that the name of this blog is so freakin' funny...I can't stop laughing about it.  Why didn't I think of something like that???  Anyhow, a typical Mom making stuff around the house!  This week I'm going to work on binding my big leaf quilt, cutting out some Christmas pieces for a wall quilt...and maybe some aqua and purple?  Hopefully...

By the way, work is much better this year.  The prisoners are actually so nice that I can barely call them prisoners and me the guard...but I will anyhow!! LOL...Happy quilting!

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of that. The plaids are all great and really say "christmas" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this quilt along...I've never done one before and it really motivates me to get some stuff done. :D Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the plaids together...what a nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, plaid quilt looks great! I love the fact they're all shirts. I definitely need to use my shirt stash more and do less of the buying.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!