Monday, June 13, 2011

Change of heart...

I decided that I'm not going to do the string quilt for the MQG Block Party.  First of all, I need a lot of blocks.  And I just remebered that I'm going to need it finished by the beginning of November.  The Block Party won't be over by then so I'd be screwed for the charity event.  So I'm going to work on the string blocks myself next week and do something more interesting for the Block Party....

I'm going to make  L-O-V-E blocks/quilt inspired by the Rumspringa quilt on Lazy Gal Quilting's blog... using these fabrics I ordered from Pink Chalk...I ordered two of the Bits & Pieces Scrap Bags....solids, sorbet colors.  I figured that going with the "you get what you get and don't throw a fit" method of fabric selection was quite modern. :-)


I have been sewing on my Dad's cabin quilt.  I have a goal of finishing the top by Father's Day...it has only been in the works for about 6 months now....This is my first "real" day off from school--at least I didn't lay in bed all day!!  Happy Sewing...

3 comments:

  1. Those colors are fun! I was thinking of solids, but I who knows what I will end up with! I better figure it out soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new block party quilt idea. I haven't made any decisions yet on mine. So much planing. I'm not used to that! You're just going to be a sewing fool now that you are off school. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! I went and looked at the quilt... AMAZING! Your quilt is going to look awesome! : )
    I've got a Bliss layercake collecting dust over here, and think that maybe I have finally decided for sure that I might use it. Possibly. : )

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!