Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sharon, I finished it!!! Zippered pouch....

At our retreat last week Sharon gave us all a bit of multi-colored scraps sewn together (the center part of my log cabin)...we were challenged to make this little 2" square of fun turn into something cool!  You can see the other members' items on Flickr...

I made a zippered pouch from Swim, Bike Quilt....




I've never sewn with small scraps before (no more than 1" width) and I really liked the finished product!!  Thanks, Sharon!!  Nice challenge....

One thing I will change on the next pouch is the little fabric scraps she advised putting on the ends of the zipper.  They made A LOT of bulk when sewing all the parts together--and they didn't add much to the finished product.  In fact, due to my lack of experience in zippers (this was my first one with a zipper foot), my pouch turned out a bit wonky at the zipper ends.  Veto those on the next one!!

Now I just need to work on my Product Challenge quilt for the March meeting!  I may have recruited another member...Watch out for Steph in March... crafty and a sewer!!

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed my challenge. Your pouch is wonderful and you even added that bit of hand stitching around the square. I love it. You might rethink that bit of fabric on the ends of your zipper. Mine come out bulky because the edge of the zipper is right there. I'm going to try her pattern to see if mine come out any better. Very nice pouch. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the colors you use - so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the linen with the bright colors! Very Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!