Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Retreat gifts...

I thought I'd post the gifts I received at the retreat...My Secret Quilter was Jessica from Stitched in Thyme and she gave me lots of cool Day of the Dead stuff!  Check it out...

First I got a thread catcher/pincushion for my sewing area!  Just perfect since I had no trash can and could only throw so much stuff on Cola's table before she noticed...

I also got some great Alexander Henry fabrics for my soon to be Dia del Muerto quilt...perfect for Halloween, I'm thinking... And some Nips candies, but I ate those so no pics...

Then some Kool-Aid (Love the stuff) and a hand embroidered Sugar Skull...wow!!  All the other quilters were jealous and secretly wanted to steal it!! 

Up close detail work...and Jess is a new sewist...super amazing!  This is her first embroidery project, I believe...

And I also got a few gifts from fellow retreaters...Andrea made this zippered bag all "in the hoop" on her Bernina (not sure what that means but you embroiderers will know...).  And Patti A. made the little pouch for our punch cards--she used the measuring tape in the top so it has a nice snap!

All in all, a good haul!!  I hope I didn't miss anything, I'm still unpacking.  Some really nice ladies, lots of fun and snacks and gifts...I look forward to the next one!  Happy quilting....

1 comment:

  1. lol if you were throwing it over there I wouldn't even have noticed since the fan was propelling my trash stuff across the room :)

    And Jess did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!